Thursday, August 15, 2024

"I remember one time watching a bird snatch a dragonfly out of midair and thinking, 'Gee, life can come to an end - crunch! - just like that.'" ••Gary Larson













 Last year when I was in the midst of too much work, someone asked me what I was doing for fun.

Uh oh. There's a good question! 🧡
It was the perfect time to up the spiritual practice of JOY. 🧡
And the fun tools I used then are the same ones I often use now:
I stopped at Peterson’s for ice cream on the way home. Before dinner.
I took a left instead of a right and walked the beach before turning into my street.
I went out back and talked to the plants. (Yes, my idea of fun.)
I texted a friend and made plans for dinner this week.
That’s better. 🙂
Sometimes a few small things that we truly enjoy can lift our spirits and remind us that our soul selves - hidden under the weight of the world - ARE joyful.
So today, stop and ask yourself what you are doing for fun.
And get to work.
Joy is a spiritual practice. 🧡

No comments:

Post a Comment