Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I am found

I Am Found




Author: dizzy lizzy

Posted: January 30th. 2011

Times Viewed: 852



I sit in the forest in the dark of night beside my little campfire, and look up at the black velvet sky and gaze at the thousands of stars like diamonds, and the gold colored moon smiling down at me. It looks so close, I feel as if I reached out my hand at could touch it.



The fire crackles at my feet, sending little sparks shooting into the sky like little miniature fireworks, and the flames dance in the gentle cooling breeze.



I hear a little sound, it sounds like a shuffle. As I peer closer, I see by the light of the fire, that it is a wombat digging in the soil. When he realises I have noticed him, he pauses... then seeing I do not move, I am no threat, he continues to dig, he is so very busy, so diligent in his task. And when he finds a tasty treat, she shuffles away.



I sigh contentedly, and lift my face to the breeze, closing my eyes, I feel it caressing my face lovingly and ruffling my hair. I think about the wind... I imagine for a moment that I am the wind.



With my eyes still closed, I imagine that I, the wind, run happily, swirling this way and that, ruffling the blades of grass, and the petals of flowers playfully. I imagine myself cavorting and playing and sweeping the leaves of trees, swirling pollen and seeds this way and that, cavorting in the branches of the trees, speeding up the sides of mountains, chasms and rivers and to the ocean oceans. I am so free...



I feel the spirit of air so close beside me. I give my thanks.



I watch the fire burn for a moment, and then add another log to the fire, and as I watch it burn, I imagine I am fire. I breathe in oxygen that makes me burn brighter and stronger. I give light and warmth. And When I run through the mountains, as a bushfire, I imagine myself burning down all the trees, the bushes, flowers, I see animals run before me. I feel the power and might of fire.

I watch after it has burned a forest, with time, I watch the animals come back and the trees regenerating. I see all the grass has gone, replaced by ash. I see pods of seeds open from the heat and new growths of trees begin. I see the renewal of plants among the ashes that have been cleaned by fire the great purifier. Without the bushfire, all these trees would have died out with old age, and no new trees would have grown, because only fire could regenerate the seedlings and pods.



Imagine the caveman the first time he found fire from lightning. Imagine his wonder. Imagine him protectively keeping the fire going, so important for his survival. With this fire, he could see at night, he could keep warm, he could cook, and he could keep predators at bay. Without fire, man would never have survived. I say thanks to fire and I feel the sire spirit beside me.



I look at the soil at my feet; I look around at the shadows of bushes and trees around me.

I think of the food we eat, the food that other animals eat, I think of fruit, roots, leaves, that we have learned to cook with, learned to eat. I think of the flowers, bushes, leaves, that we use for healing. I think of the trees, there for a thousand years, the grass, leaves, flowers, all joined in one spirit, feeding each other, living off each other, of animals and bug that live off them, dies, then fertilises the soil, all symbiotic. Feeding each other and living off each other. I think of Aborigines in the desert finding a particular tree, cutting off a part of the root, and when slitting it open, drinking the cool clean water that the root holds, giving life. I say thanks



I listen for a moment to the babbling of the creek behind me. I turn and look at the moon glinting off the water like diamonds, as it rushes past, over the rocks like running, shinny silk. I listen to the sound, and as I do, I close my eyes, and I am the water, running. I am but one drop of water- running with all the other drops of water carving out the creek beds over time. Together, we, each but one drop-we make a make a creek. Together, we make an ocean.

I imagine I am but one raindrop. I fall, land on a leaf, and slide down the leaf, trembling at the edge of the leaf for but a moment, and then I fall to the ground. I am but one raindrop. But with all the other raindrops, we give water to the dry earth.



I hear the sizzle as I drop to the hot, dry cracked earth, like a drop of water onto a hot fry pan.

With all the other raindrops together, we run along the ground, and we give water to the parched trees, the thirsty grass. I see flowers lift their heads in gratitude for the giving of life.

I see myself, run along the ground, absorbed by the earth, going into underground caverns of oceans. I become the waterfall. I give life to beetles and ants, to the ferns that unfurl at my presence.... I give thanks. I feel the water spirit beside me.



I think of the Aborigines of Australia, the great and wondrous Koori people. I think of them, being here for 40, 000 years or more, the custodians of this country. All the knowledge they possess. All the ways that they have preserved this land, how they managed to live here for so long, yet they left this country immaculate and resplendent. And within 200 short years, we whites came and ruined the land. Now, we have to clean it up again.



I close my eyes, for a moment and I see a small tribe of men... they are in what looks like Alice Aprings, because I can see the red rock, this is their place. This what I see is their church.

I see them dance. I hear the sound of the didgeridoo in my mind...the deep, resonating sound, a sound that touches something deep within me, when I hear that sound it seems to vibrate in my core. It sounds so close. So real... I see the men dance, I see their feet pounding the earth, to the sound of the didgeridoo, their voices intermingling with the music... they dance for the rain... to bring life to the parched earth. I see them hold a branch of eucalyptus over the fire, and watch it burn, and with the smoke of the eucalypt, they cleanse that part of the earth of evil spirits, of sickness. They purge the land of all ill, and then, as they continue their dance, I watch their feet pound the earth, the dust flying around their feet, as they dance faster and faster, the sound of the didgeridoo more and more insistent, somehow.



Then I watch the rain fall over them... and as I do, I feel a drop of water fall onto my forehead. Then another drop of rain on my shoulder, and then, it is raining. I open my eyes, and I feel I have been somewhere far away, and I have privileged to see something magical and wondrous.



Suddenly, I feel I am part of all that... I am part of the water, the air, the soil, the fire... the cosmos, the universe... all the universes.... Everything as one. And as I feel the spirits crowd around me, I give thanks for being alive. For being part of all this. And I know, that after this, I will never be the same...



I am found.

No comments:

Post a Comment