Sunday, April 17, 2011

She Wears My Heart on Her Skin


I have always wanted a tattoo.  Something discreet, something mystical, something groovy.  I thought about a permanent anklet of birds for Ahren and Rhi.  I have thought about a Paisley because I really think I should have been named Paisley Moonbeam.  Due to my severe psoriasis getting a tattoo is just a dream.  Today she got one for me.  The sweetest gesture anyone ever did for me.  I have always felt blessed to have Sarah in my life since the day she was born.  I knew her Mom was pregnant with her before she did.  I knew from the first time I ever held her that she would be mine.  That we would be close.  I would be cool Aunt Marci.  That we would share secrets and clothing and be best friends too.  We are like Lorelai and Rory Gilmore without being Mom and Daughter.  We have a bond.  I love my kids to pieces and I am blessed to have a special bond with each of them which is a unique as each kid.  Today Sarafina came over to show me something really cool.  She got a tattoo.  She got something that would remind her of me and something I would have gotten myself designed by her.  Since I cannot wear it she is wearing it for me.  It is two Paisleys in the shape of a heart with a peace sign in the middle.  She is wearing my heart on her skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment