Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A Winter Night’s Blessing

 

While preparing your bed, read this blessing aloud as part of your nightly prayers.

“When the nights are dark and stormy,

and things become hard to see,

Dear God and Goddess

Help to keep the light within me glowing,

So that no matter which way the wind’s blowing.

I am on the path I should be:

I am one of the blessed,

Who seek complete union with the divine,

I am one of the shining ones,

Whose light continues to brighten the night,

In the name of the Lord and Lady, Blessed Be!

As you shift to sleep, imagine that you are a candle the Goddess has lit. Imagine your light burning bright and shining like a star in the night sky. Every night, your light grows brighter and brighter and your life becomes filled with the joy of divine love.

No comments:

Post a Comment