Wednesday, August 31, 2022

“Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back to, and reasons to stay.” ~ Dalai

 So many gods

So many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind
While just the art of being kind
is all this sad world needs.
I am the voice of the voiceless
Through me the mute shall speak
'til the deaf world's ear
be made to hear
the cry of the wordless weak.
From lab, from cage, from kennel,
from slaughterhouses, comes the wail
of my tortured kin
who proclaim the sin
of the mighty against the frail.
For LOVE is the true religion!
And love is the law sublime
And all that is wrought
where love is not
will die with the touch of time.
And I am my brother's keeper
And I will fight his fight
and speak the word
for beast and bird
til the world shall set things right.
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox



No comments:

Post a Comment