Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Dancing is moving to the music without stepping on anyone's toes, pretty much the same as life. -Robert Brault

 “Why do you take off your clothes in the winter

and then cover up in the summer?
Baring it all,
Grandstanding,
Not even one leaf,
You naked tree”

― Charmaine J. Ford


___







_____________________

Let’s fall in love slow...
I want to experience a slow-burn kind of love.
I don’t mind if we take our time getting to know each other. I don’t mind talking about the simplest of things or even the silliest ones—and then laughing at them hard.
The simple joys of just waiting for the sun to set, or slowly filling our lungs with the salt tang of the sea air, taking our slow pace enjoying the comfort of the fine sand on our toes.
Let us fall in love slow no rush, no fear about not seeing us in the future.
I want to own the moment, stop time when needed, and be with you in seconds, minutes, hours, and more.
I want us to crawl into each other’s skin marking our souls with a burning love that will last even if our lifetime ends.  And when it's time to fade away, I will be watching every detail of you in slow motion.  from the poetry book “to the ones: the letters i’ve kept behind my pillow”

No comments:

Post a Comment