Monday, July 4, 2011

Fwd: [WitchesCoven] Dragon magick

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

-------- Original message --------
Subject: [WitchesCoven] Dragon magick
From: Tish <deborahs23@optusnet.com.au>
To: WitchesCoven@yahoogroups.com
CC:







"I never told my own religion nor scrutinized that of another. I never
attempted to make a convert, nor wished to change another's creed. I am
satisfied that yours must be an excellent religion to have produced a life
of such exemplary virtue and correctness. For it is in our lives, and not
from our words, that our religion must be judged."
--Taken from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson 1816

The above quote was the very first thing I received from my teacher when I
started learning Dragon Magick. I choose to keep it here as a reminder that
this is how we are supposed to approach other religions; whether we agree
with their practices or not, even if we don't think that their path is a
religion. Please keep in mind that this doesn't endorse that all religions
are good nor that we have to agree with what others practice.
I choose to keep the spelling of 'magick' as it is, firstly because that is
how this branch is best known. Secondly, I keep it that way because that is
how it was presented and taught to me.
So, what is the Draconic path? It teaches you to work in harmony with
dragons and with draconic energies, how to befriend draconic entities, and
how to blend this with your current way of worship. You don't have to change
your path but you do have to be willing to adapt it in order to work with
dragons. Dragons become more than just 'co-magicians'; they are valuable
working partners that should be treated as equals. There is, of course, more
to it than that and it will be covered on the other pages in this section.
Much of what will be on these pages is what was taught to me. Take it, use
what you can, and if you're feeling generous let me know how it works for
you or how your training differs. I still haven't found a way to work it
into druidry because I am still learning the ropes there. If you are just
beginning on a magical or religious path, I would suggest learning that
system thoroughly first before adapting it.
I've tried to split up the information in ways that will keep it coherent
but still be pretty easy to access. Hopefully I've been successful, there is
a fair amount here (I think) and way too much for just one page. You can
access the other pages on Dragon Magick from the menu below. Enjoy!

Dealing with Dragons ★ Draconic Code of Honor ★ Draconic Divination
Draconic Lunar Phases ★ Draconic Practices ★ Draconic Symbols
Draconic Tools ★ Dragons and Elements ★ Kinds of Dragons
Introduction to Dragons
http://www.fox-moon.com/dragon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment