Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fwd: [WitchesCoven] The Nameless Path

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

-------- Original message --------
Subject: [WitchesCoven] The Nameless Path
From: Mama Witch <jodit92@comcast.net>
To:
CC:

The Nameless Path

Author: Celtic Crystal
Posted: May 1st. 2011
Times Viewed: 1,652

I have no name for the Spiritual Path I follow. I started off seeking the Wiccan Path, but I have a tendency to see shortcomings and limitations in following a specific set of rules. I would start reading/ learning/ practicing about a particular Path, and then begin to "see" the pattern- and conclude that following x-path is similar in nature to Y-path with a twist of whatever other path. Then I would mentally chuck the X-Path out and lie still, mentally for a while.

I create my own. Really. Yes I understand the power of ritual, and the stages that the individual's mind gets into at every step in the ritual process. But I always feel the need to go with the flow, and when I come upon people who begun to speak about how things must be done, I really get turned off.

How can any other being dictate what a spiritual path is for someone else? In knowing myself, I have come to realize that visuals are extremely important for me to connect to the All. As a Painter, I feel most connected to All Things, when I am conceptualizing and executing a painting. As such, I incorporate drawings and pictures in part of my ritual. One of my most effective ways of magicking away a nagging problem is by drawing the object and burning the bugger in a spell.

Is this a disciplined practice? Not yet- but it may become one in future years.

I feel an affinity to blues, purples and yellows and gold. Colour Therapy indicates that these are spiritual colours, wisdom colours and leadership colours. Nothing makes me feel more connected to All Things like swirls of those colours together. And yes I do feel a sense of power in the creation of anything using those colours.

I feel an affinity to my herbs. These are carefully collected, based on whatever I happen to be working on inwardly at the time. I prefer to grow mine from the seedling, and create a psychic bond with them as they grow. This way part of me is in them when I use them. Once I attempted to use moon blood to nourish them, but somehow I got the feeling they didn't like that.

I create my own gods, my own entities that assist me in my work. I craft them out of energies of air, fire, water and spirit. I also craft them in memory of the dead.. the creativity of Monet, with the tender care of Mother Teresa.. you get the drift. This way, if I don't find a god or goddess that is applicable; I make up my own.

I once envisioned a spirit being, which lived in one of my plants, and did my bidding, as I needed. But I became guilty about leaving Selena (as I called her) trapped in my basil plant and let her go free. I hope she is happy; I couldn't stand to feel her trapped in the plant. The plant died though.lessons learnt.

I have toyed with creating my own Tarot cards, which would be more applicable to the challenges that I face, and the goals that I wish to attain. The ideas behind them: the need to keep focus on my goals and to remind my mind to continuously vibrate my desires. This project is still in the conception stage of sketches because my goals keep changing.

The sign of an undisciplined mind? Perhaps. But I would rather be flowing with the waters of change, than boxed in by ritual and process created by others and followed "religiously" by most that none of it becomes part of me.

As such, I am often "The Fool" starting back at "0" and beginning a new path again.
Why am I writing this? Not too sure, definitely not for reassurance that I am doing the right thing. It's just my point of view that Tradition, while a launching pad for a journey, should only be a base from which you fly. What you add or subtract to give a different flavor is what makes it part of you, from you. you giving back creativity to the All Creative.

Speaking of flavours.I cook too- as part of a spiritual practice. Cooking to me, is my connection to the women in my life who have taught me, who have passed on. I fill my cupboards with spices and powders and dried leaves. I try as much as possible to gather things fresh. I dry my own herbs, and label them in "Witchy" names because it's more fun! (My dried chili peppers are labeled "Dried Tongue of Fire Dragon!" LOL!)

Cooking is a creative process limited only by my imagination. I whip up a breakfast for breaking barriers, or a lunch for conquering "lack", my butter being to add richness to my spirit, and the salt to purify my thoughts and body.

Understanding yourself, and the symbols you find in things around you is key to the creative magicking process. You need to read into the things around you: the animals you see, the birds that come near to you. There are messages in the Universe, and there are constant conversations around you if you know how to listen.

I have no desire to choose a label for this thing I practice as a Spiritual Path. Our minds are such that to place a label, will start to exclude the things that it is not. No label leaves it open, free to add or take-away whatever is needed at the moment to affect the spell. 'No label' will leave my mind open to interpret things from various magickal angles. If I decide that a ritual involving the roasting of marshmallows will work, I am free to do so -- because my mind cannot tell me that the task is not magickal.

Be free in your spirit; be childlike in your spiritual expression. Be blessed.blessed be.

ABOUT...

Celtic Crystal

Location: I move around, Trinidad/Tobago

Website: http://cocyeabroomstick.blogspot.com

Author's Profile: To learn more about Celtic Crystal - Click HERE

"Good morning, this is the Goddess. I will be handling your problems today.I will not need
Your help, so have
A miraculous day.".
Love,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment