Thursday, October 29, 2020

Essential Points



by Radko Vacek

Age Group: Adult


How thankful I am, that this world will be,
Beyond the limits of my mere body
To experience it all! Gratitude
Is being thankful for the infinite
Number of instants, beyond my mere sight,
Which makes every minute and every hour.
Gratitude is being thankful for truths
Beyond my mere mind to grasp. How that soothes!
I give thanks! If the whole world were just ours
To grasp, sense, and know, what woe to the world!

The tree is more important than the curves
Of its limbs; and the soil, which keeps that tree
Alive, is of the utmost importance.
But with me, the purpose which my life serves
Defines my personal reality,
And guides me to the necessary stance.

The finite beings which we are,
Wrestling with the finitude of what we have
And our limited time to enjoy it,
We love to take short-cuts. How smart of me,
We think. But to fail to take the long way,
Leaving out essential point of thought,
Means taking the losses of going the wrong way.
We end up misunderstanding Divinity,
Inflating our importance, and sickening Earth!
We worry about what we are, not what we should do:

Honor the force behind the nature of everything,
By working with the nature of it all.
We cannot have everything,
But thus we can have success.

No comments:

Post a Comment