Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Healing Amulets

 

From Phylameana lila Desy, your Guide to Holistic Healing
Healing Matters

Gratitude Affirmation - Every day I wake up and am grateful for all the good things that I have in my life. I am lucky to be alive and live in joy, peace, and harmony.


Thanksgiving Wishbone Ritual and Amulet
The wishbone of a chicken or turkey is broken as a ritual for wish fulfillment. Breaking the wishbone is a traditional good-luck ritual often used after a family holiday dinner, usually Christmas or Thanksgiving
The wishbone of a chicken or turkey is broken as a ritual for wish fulfillment. Breaking the wishbone is a traditional good-luck ritual often used after a family holiday dinner, usually Christmas or Thanksgiving.

To follow the full ritual the wishbone is set aside for 3 days, allowing it to dry and become brittle. The wishbone is named "merrythought" and is handed over to two individuals to pull apart. Each person wraps their little finger around one side of the wishbone and tugs at it when a signal is given. Prior to tugging a secret wish is formed in the mind. When the wishbone snaps the person holding the piece with the center section still attached will supposedly get his wish fulfilled.

As an amulet the wishbone represents wish fulfillment and is sometimes artistically represented in gold or silver pendants or brooches.

The term "getting a lucky break" originated from the wishbone ritual, referring to having received abundance or winning a prize.

The wishbone has also been used as a fertility charm. Maidens would hang wishbones over the doorway in their homes to attract a suitor to their hearth.

Healing Amulets

By Phylameana lila Desy, About.com Guide

Amulets, talismans, and fetishes are commonly used for personal protection, attracting luck, creating positive energy, and promoting healing. Sacred items such as crystals, protective symbols, etc. are often used during healing rituals and ceremonies1. These healing items are tucked inside medicine pouches2, crafted in jewelry to be worn as body guards, incorporated in healing sessions, and displayed in sacred spaces3 and home altars4.

Worry Dolls5

Worry Dolls (c) Phylameana lila Desy6

Worry dolls are tiny handmade dolls used as amulets to discharge worries. You tell a doll one of your worries as a means of releasing it. The doll carries the burdon of doing the worrying for you so that you can be free of your troubles.

Eye of Horas8

Phylameana lila Desy9
The Egyptian eye of horas, also called the all-seeing eye, is a protective amulet that keeps guard with an open eye to evil, blocking its menacing ways. It is likened to the falcon god (son Geb and Nut).

Beckoning Cat11

Getty Images12
Japanese in origin, the Beckoning Cat or maneki neko, is a protective and good luck talisman. The Beckoning cat invites good luck and also wards of bad luck. This cat figurine with its raised paw brings success, prosperity, good health, and happiness. Smaller likenesses of the Beckoning Cat are worn on the body to ward off illness and protect the wearer from pain.

Evil Eye Charms14

Daryl Benson / Getty Images15

An evil eye charm works by deflecting evil whenever evil looks in your face. Possessing or wearing the evil eye charm as a protective amulet is based on the belief that evil can only harm you if looks at you directly in your eye. The evil forces are tricked by the evil eye charm. Rather than evil looking you in the eye it directs its focus on the charm where it can do no harm.

Scarabs17

Getty Images18
The Egyptian scarab amulet represents immortality and the belief in reincarnation. Egyptians wore scarab amulets to protect them from death. Scarabs were also included in their burials to insure a safe journey into the afterlife.

The Hagoday20

Getty Images21
The Hagoday is commonly found on the entryway of churches and other holy places. Legend has it that a fugitive could seek refuge and protection inside buildings with The Hagoday adorning its front door.

Witch Balls23

(c) Phylameana lila Desy24
Witch balls are hung in the window to protect homes from evil spirits. The witch ball attracts anyevil spirit that are lurking about. Once lured to the ball's beauty, negative energies are trapped inside the witch ball where they can do no harm.

Shamrocks26

Jayme Thornton / Getty Images27
The shamrock, a three-leaf clover, is well known globally as a lucky charm. The shamrock originates from Ireland where it was first used as a protective amulet that was carried whenever a person may be in situation that could possibly bring harm such as battle or traveling far from home.

Mandalas29

Ed Freeman / Getty Images30
Mandalas can be displayed as beautiful pieces of art in your home. But, they serve a larger purpose. Place them in sacred spaces as a shield to keep negative energies from entering. Creating your own mandala can be healing in of itself, allowing you to go inward and awaken your senses.

Crystals and Gemstones32

Steve Cole / Getty Images33
Each type of stone has its own unique talent. Gemstone colors, shapes, and textures all have special meanings. Crystal elixirs can be made by soaking crystals for a few hours in a glass of water. Healing crystals are used for divination and meditation purposes. You can intuitively choose which crystals to use by noticing which stones you are attracted to. Keep your heart and hands open and allow the appropriate healing crystals to find their way to you.

Turkey Totem

Blessings

Messages and Meanings: plentiful harvest, adaptability, third eye vision
 Turkey Totem

Turkey Totem

photos.com
Turkey totem represents a time of harvest and blessings.

Turkey is quite a bit like buffalo. very sacred. it is one that gives unconditionally. If you follow a wild turkey and watch you will find other foods to eat. the feathers have been used to make caps for ceremony as well as to keep rain off. almost every part of the turkey can be used for one thing or another and of course the bird is also a food source. To the Cherokee the turkey was as sacred as the eagle if not more so. Turkeys teach adaptivity for that is what has helped them survive the destruction of their forest. they are nest sharers with several hens keeping eggs in same nest and tending to them. this insures a greater survival for all the chicks. It teaches strength through being in the flock and allowing others to assist you in not only finding food but raising your young and being a part of the whole.... source: Whitehorse Woman

We are all blessed in some way. We are even more blessed when we acknowledge goodness. Please post a few words of gratitude sharing what you are thankful for. Show a Little Gratitude

Struggles and Challenges Grows Faith

I am grateful for the air I breathe, each morning I awake, but most of all the struggles I face because with each challenge and/or struggle it helps to teach me to have greater faith to grow spiritually as well.
—Guest Diane

Art Therapy special child

Process Art Therapy spacial child 1) Art as communication 2) Art as expression 3) Art as basic skills
—Guest Art Therapy of special education RMU.

Grateful to God

I'm grateful for a Christian family!! I'm also grateful for God's faithfulness....He NEVER leaves me...
—Guest cleaner

Grateful for my ability to help others

I thank G-d I have the ability to ask for things people need and people respond willingly with open hearts, I am grateful for the ability to help others in need. I am the one who is blessed. The Women Helping Women Project.
—Guest merry-lynn

I'm Grateful

I'm GRATEFUL for my life it's not a glamorous life. I'm not rich with wealth, I'm rich with love. I have a man that is my best friend, my debate partner, my kids, father, my husband.I have three young ladies God allow to share my body my blood and all my love, that calls me just to hear my voice are to help them calm down or want some advice. I have sisters that would do anything for me I have a job that gives me freedom I have two dogs that protect me, I was raised by two people that gave me unconditional love. N,o I don't have financial wealth, I have spiritual wealth. I'm divine favor and everyday I wake up I'm bless my life not perfect it's blessed.
—Guest Tisha

Happy Thanksgiving

I share my joy everyday and am thankful for the ability to have awaken to know who I am and what I was destined for!!!
—Guest sayiddah

I am truly blessed

I am truly blessed to have two such wonderful children, a home, my job, family and wonderful friends. I am truly greatly for God for all he has blessed us and for bringing Michael back into my life. I will be more grateful if he is home for Christmas 2011. I love him. Thank you for all my blessing and health.
—Guest Angela J

As Years Go By

I am forever grateful for my good health, a roof over my head, food to eat, children to love and extended family to cherish. In the end, it's those we love that matter and how much loving energy we've put out into the world.
—Guest Marilyn

New Purpose

I gave birth six months ago at the age of 29. This is my first child. I have never felt so alive and so centered. I was a child up until the moment he was born. I now know the true meaning of gratitude.
—Guest BHB

Second Chance on Life

I am thankful that a women in England was generous and gave us her stem cells so that my husband could have a 2nd chance on life! He is currently in remission!
—terri

I am thankful for....

I am thankful for all things. Life itself. My family, husband and children. Everyone in my life. I am thankful for the Love of the Lord Jesus Christ.
—Guest BlessedCreation

For my great-grandmother-in-law

All of my grandparents are gone, but my husband's grandmother and her sister are both living. I am grateful to know them both and for my children to know them too.
—Guest Catherine

Gratitude list

I have a "grateful list" I say upon arising, before meals, before I go to sleep and any other time during the day that I see something beautiful or hear something beautiful and it reminds me of all I am grateful for. I am grateful for the abundance in my life. I am grateful for family and friends. I am grateful for my perfect health. I am grateful for financial security. I am grateful for spirituality. I am grateful for my intellect. This list is a simplified way to state what I am grateful for. As far as health - I project "perfect health" to the universe and since I have been doing this (several years now) my health has improved tremendously. I say "intellect" to represent a number of things I'm grateful for - it doesn't mean I think I'm smart but that I recognize the ability to reason, to think, to discern, to communicate, etc. I say "financial security" to embrace the fact that while I'm not rich by any means, I am ok with what I have. I make do just fine.
—Guest Nancy Lehto

Supportive Family and Great Job

I'm glad to have a supportive family and job that I love... and to have a job at all in these crazy times!
—Jen

Quiet time

It's always hectic in my life, so what few moments of quiet I have are precious.
—Guest Robin

Full of Greatness

I am blessed everyday with love of friends and family. My health is good and I am never hungry.
—Guest Camille

No stupid questions

I am grateful for my math teacher who says no student question is a dumb one. I feel smarter because of her.
—June

Healing Holiday Scents
There are certain aromas that we tend to associate with the holiday season. These include scents from the outdoors such as pine needles and cedar leaves because of the holiday trees that were hauled into our homes to be decorated. Smells from the kitchen also remind of us holiday traditions like mom's gingerbread men freshly out of the oven, grandpa's chocolate fudge boiling on the stove top, or aunt Meg's cinnamon sugar cookies arriving in the mail. It is not surprising that many of the scents that we enjoy during the holiday season have healing associations

Peppermint

Peppermint may very well be the most common aroma wafting through the kitchen during the holidays. Peppermint oil and crushed peppermint candies are often used in holiday baking. In aromatherapy peppermint essential oil2 is noted as a mood uplifter. No wonder candy canes bring smiles to children's faces and delight people of all ages.

Oranges and Cloves

Dried pomanders can be made from oranges and cloves. Not only do orange pomanders decorate your home over the holidays but they will double as remedies for cold, flu, and winter blues. Cloves ward off winter nasties associated with colds and flu. Oranges are happiness-bringers, offering optimism and gaiety to the season. Cloves are also aphrodisiacs and may induce romantic couplings by the festive fireside.

How to Make an Orange Pomander - Poke holes into the orange peel with a skewer and insert a whole clove into each piercing. It helps to design an artsy or symmetrical punch pattern for a more decorative result. Your clove pierced oranges can also be dusted with fragrant ground spices such as nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cinnamon. Wrap your pomander with a ribbon and dangle it from doorways or arrange a cluster of pomanders as an centerpiece for your foyer table. Oh, and citrus pomanders make delightful fragrant gifts to give hosts when you arrive at those holiday parties. Limes, lemons, tangerines, or clementines can also be used to make a variety of citrus pomanders.

Pine, Cedar, and Eucalyptus

Holiday trees and wreaths hung on your front door are often made from trimmings of pine, cedar, and eucalyptus. Pine aromatherapy oil is typically used as a disinfectant. Pine has natural anti-bacterial properties. By choosing a pine tree you would introducing the scent of the lush forest into your home, but also offering you living space with lingering scent which houses protective energies. Eucalyptus oil is also a natural ingredient used in products for treating common cold symptoms. Cedar is also used as a disinfectant as well as an aromatic air freshener.

Frankincense and Myrrh

Frankincense and myrrh are historically associated with Christmas. As told in bible stories, along with gold, frankincense and myrrh were gifts the three wise men presented to baby Jesus. The burning of incense sticks dipped in both oils of frankincense and myrrh gives off frankincense's sweet perfume blended with myrrh's more potent fragrance. The combined scent is commonly used during meditation sessions or prayer time.

Cocoa and Cinnamon

I can't think of anything much more satisfying than drinking a cup of steamy cocoa after an afternoon of sledding or an hour of shoveling snow from your sidewalks during the cold winter season. But, top it with a generous dollup of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg and you will be enjoying an extra special treat. Cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant. Dark chocolate is one of the super foods, so don't forget to stuff some sweet chocolates inside those holiday stockings.

 


Energy-Based Therapies
Energy Medicine is a term used for holistic healing therapies that are focused on manipulating "life force" to bring about balance and wellness. Some energy-based modalities involve practitioners using hands-on techniques. Other therapies involve non-touch or absentia treatments

Reiki4

(c) photos.com5

Reiki (pronounced Ray Key) is a combination of two Japanese words rei and ki meaning universal life energy. Reiki is an ancient laying-on of hands healing technique that uses the life force energy to heal, balancing the subtle energies within our bodies. Reiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances.

Meridian Tapping Techniques8

(c) Phylameana lila Desy9
Meridian Tapping Techniques repair blockages or disturbances in the body's energy system created by negative emotions. A person chooses a specific emotion such as feeling anger, frustration, embarrassment, insult, or belittlement to focus on prior to the tapping session. During the tapping sequence10 the person focuses on the emotion to be reduced or cleared while also making positive statements to offset the negative emotions.

Acupuncture12

Ryan McVay / Getty Images13

Acupuncture is one of the oldest and most commonly used holistic medical procedures in the world. The word 'acupuncture' describes a variety of procedures involving stimulation of anatomical points on the body by using a variety of techniques. Acupuncture points are believed to be points that allow entry into channels. This is to redirect, increase or decrease the body's vital substance, Qi (pronounced Chi) and restore balance on an emotional, spiritual and physical level.

Kolaimni16

Kolaimni is a non-touch form of energy medicine. A trained Kolaimnist will work with her hands within the body's electromagnetic sheath (human energy field), approximately one half to one inch over the physical body. Short manipulative strokes infuse restorative energies into the recipient. Kolaimni's methodology has been described as an "etheric massage."

BodyTalk Therapy18

George Doyle / Getty Images19

BodyTalk is a complementary therapy based on the theory that the body has the wisdom to heal itself. BodyTalk communications are based on neuromuscular biofeedback. This is also similar to tapping or muscle-testing used in kinesiology. Through the communications the Body Talk practitioner identifies "energy circuits" within the body that are weakened, stressed, or broken.

Pranic Healing22

Pranic Healing is a nontouch energy-based technique that accelerates the healing process through the use of “life-force” being directed to the part of the physical body that needs healing. In order to locate blockages of chi, the Pranic practitioner scans the recipient’s aura or “energy field.” Chi energies are then projected through the Pranic practitioner’s palm chakras to cleanse, energize, and revitalize the problematic area.

EMC² Energy Balancing25

Energetic Matrix Church of Consciousness, LLC26
The AIM Program is an offering of the Energetic Matrix Church of Consciousness (EMC²). The AIM Program is an All Inclusive Method of energetic balancing of frequencies that negatively affect a person or animal's Life Force.

ARC Therapy

Pete Gardner / Getty Images29

ARC Therapy is a holistic healing system which combines diagnostics and energy treatment to bring balance to the mind/body. An ARC practitioner uses detection filters and pulse testing to identify blockages and imbalances. Tuning forks are applied to re-harmonize and return balance to areas where energy flow is lacking.

Matrix Energetics32

Based on the science behind quantum physics Matrix Energetics is a transformational healing technique that merges touch and intent. The Matrix Energetics practitioner's focused intent affects changes that bring about healing for the recipient. The practitioner's touch is used to identify areas on the body that need attention.

Tong Ren Therapy34

Dimas Ardian-Stringer / Getty Images35
Typically used as a form of distance healing, Tong Ren techniques are applied to an acupuncture doll as a focusing tool utilizing the collective unconscious. The Tong Ren practitioner will focus his intention on the physical locations on the doll which correspond with the same locations on the recipient's body needing treatment.
Healing Doses of the Week - Nov 12 to 18
Healing Doses is Monday morning's blog roundup of what has been added over the past week at About Holistic Healing.

New Reader Stories13

No comments:

Post a Comment