Monday, April 8, 2024

"I leave you my portrait so that you will have my presence all the days and nights that I am away from you." ~ Frida Kahlo

 “It was a lovely day with a hint of spring in the air and I enjoyed it all immensely. The mild weather had encouraged the bulbs: the crocuses were spangling the glades of the park with a sheen of gold and blue, and as I lay under the trees eating my sandwiches, I could picture these woods in a few weeks' time with their glimmering carpet of daffodils.”

― R. C. Sherriff















“It was another mild day, signaling the transition from winter to spring. The trees unfolded their leaves as they awoke from their long winter nap. In the cloudless blue sky, birds chirped as they floated from tree to tree on the light breeze and alighted to outstretched limbs. The first flowers of spring dotted the landscape with a prelude of the bright, vibrant colors about to spill over the muted and dull tones dominating the palate of the lifeless winter season just passed.”

― Charles Strickler, Restorations

No comments:

Post a Comment