Monday, January 16, 2023

“I hope you find someone who knows how to love you when you are sad.” ― Nikita Gill















 “I recognized winter. I saw it coming (a mile off, since you ask), and I looked it in the eye. I greeted it and let it in. I had some tricks up my sleeve, you see. I've learned them the hard way. When I started feeling the drag of winter, I began to treat myself like a favored child: with kindness and love. I assumed my needs were reasonable and that my feelings were signals of something important. I kept myself well fed and made sure I was getting enough sleep. I took myself for walks in the fresh air and spent time doing things that soothed me. I asked myself: What is this winter all about? I asked myself: What change is coming?”

― Katherine May, Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times

No comments:

Post a Comment