Monday, February 27, 2023

"In the eyes of the morning is the proof of the most beautiful day:that you live! Enjoy life and don't forget to squeeze every moment in your arms.''

 “No matter how breathless the air when he dug his nest by tree or bank, the wind that later blew inevitably found him to leeward, sheltered and snug.”

― Jack London, The Call of the Wild






I met myself one day
after I'd fallen apart
I lay on the ground
limbs shattered and torn
mind tired and weary
heart
broken
Everything lost
and nothing left to lose
Surely the ground would swallow me up?
I thought
I hoped
But it didn't
The earth from which I came
wouldn't reclaim me
I wondered if I were poison?
I lay there a while longer
eyes closed
the earth breathing beneath me
deep exaggerated breaths
I matched its rhythm
and when I did
My limbs stitched back together
My mind relaxed
& my heart began to mend
And...
I saw her
standing there
staring in
and out through my eyes
She reached for me with my mothers hands
smiling a beautiful storied smile
Myself.
I love you, she said
And I believed her
©Tara Shannon, 2021








Image text:
“What’s wrong with me?” asked Rabbit.
“Nothing,” said Bear. “You were given things that never should have been given to you. Passed down from one generation to the next. That’s a lot to unlearn and heal from but here you are, doing it.
So no… Nothing is wrong with you. In fact the opposite is true, everything is right.”
©Tara Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment