Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Does it make me a bad person that I am NOT interested in other people's drama?

 Yesterday I get a super long message from an ex who I had a brief lustful affair with from 2012 - 2014.  It was my transition out of my dead marriage.  My husband had not touched me for 3 years at this point.  Turns out he was confused about his sexuality and having an online affair with someone who was transitioning to female.

For about a year and a half I behaved like a teenager.  Too much PDA, TMI on Facebook and everywhere else and basically put being a Mom aside.  Not my proudest moment.  Thankfully my kids and I have communicated and I believe healed from the experience.

Sex Boy Toy since had married and moved away to Florida.  His life has taken a massive turn downhill due to his own poor choices and he has no friends and therefore decided to message me.  All it did was remind me how stupid he is.  Literally not the brightest light on the X-Mas tree.  Thankful that I dodge the hugest bullet by not staying with him.

There are times when it is nice to hear from an old flame and get caught up.  To be happy for each other for the good that has come since you too parted.  I am thinking of my first love.  He fulfilled his dream of a complete nature based job.  Happily married with 2 beautiful daughters and I am truly happy for him.

I have had the pleasure of staying in touch with a few of my old beaus and although they have had their ups and downs and marriages that just didn't work out we stayed friends.  I am grateful for those friendships and to be able to look back on youthful romance and be able to smile and feel good about them. These beau's have friends and their own lives and do not reach out to me just to kvetch and see sympathy.

I am at a time in my life where I try to limit my drama as much as possible.  I want simple.  I want quiet. I am working toward some alone time as well.  I really want to be on my own for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment