Monday, April 24, 2023

"Pleasure and action make the hours seem short." ••William Shakespeare

 








My heart

In all its brokenness
Will always look for you
Chasing down
A familiar scent
Following the trail
Of a favorite memory,
Relentless in its pursuit.
Every morning,
Feeling the ache
Of that now familiar wound
Of navigating a life, a story
Whose chapters were too few.
But, what a legacy you’ve left
In the chapters you were here,
And what a story that you’ve left
A love that perseveres.
My heart
In all its hopefulness
Will always look for you
Cherishing these
Sometimes painful memories,
Holding them tightly
To feel you with me too.
Your absence brings
A deep and lingering ache
But your love
Persists here too,
A bond that will never break
That will comfort and continue.
So, it seems
No matter what I do,
My heart will always look for you.
In everything I do.
In every memory, old and new.
My heart will always look for you.
-Liz Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment